The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has defeated the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, President Goodluck Jonathan, in Saturday’s presidential election Kwara State.
According to the results from the 16 local government areas of the state collated on Monday morning and anchored by the state Returning Officer, Prof. Musbau Akanji, Buhari polled 302,146 votes to defeat Jonathan who garnered 132,602 votes.
Akanji who is also the Vice-Chancellor, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State, said 1,181,032 electorate registered
in the state.
He added that 489,360 voters were accredited while 461,401 voted.
According to him, there were 440,080 valid votes and 21,321 invalid votes.
Kwara: Presidential election results: LGAs:
1. Asa: APC:17,455; PDP: 7,427.
2. Edu: APC:24,335; PDP: 9,262.
3. Ekiti: APC:4,952; PDP:4,983.
4. Isin: APC: 4,658; PDP:4,635.
5. Patigi LG; APC:16,044; PDP:5,315.
6. Offa LG; APC:22,233; PDP:4,496.
7. Oke-Ero LG; APC: 4970; PDP: 5,260.
8. Ilorin East LG; APC:28,111; PDP: 12,756.
9. Ilorin South LG; APC: 26,348; PDP: 12,209.
10. Ilorin West: APC: 58,145; PDP: 21,573.
11. Oyun: APC: 9,389; PDP: 5,877.
12. Ifelodun: APC: 20,414; PDP: 10,826.
13. Irepodun: APC: 13,265; PDP: 8,062.
14. Kaiama: APC; 15,468; PDP 8,854
15. Moro: APC 15,311; PDP 8,901
16. Baruteen APC 21,048; PDP8,854
Meanwhile, both identical candidates won in nine local governments each out of the 18 in Ondo state, but Mr. Buhari got the upper hand having garnered 284,982 votes compared to President Jonathan’s 251, 368 votes.
Mr. Buhari was expected to lose in Ondo, a PDP-controlled state, as he did in neighbouring Ekiti where the former military ruler lost in all the local government areas there.
There were predictions of even a tougher outing for Mr. Buhari in Ondo state where the South West co-coordinator for the Goodluck Presidential campaign Gov. Olusegun Mimiko hitherto held sway.
The announcement of the Ondo polling results took place at the INEC Office in Alagbaka, Akure where Professor Olusola Oyewole, the Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta served as the Chief returning officer.
A breakdown of the results showed that APC won in Akoko North-East, Akoko North- West, Akoko South-East and Akoko South West.
The party also held sway in Akure North, Akure South, Owo, Idanre and Ifedore Local government areas respectively. On the other hand, the strongholds of Gov. Mimiko in Ondo, East, Ondo West, Ose were all delivered to the PDP.
Also Ile, Oluji/Oke Igbo, Okiti Pupa, Irele, Ese Odo, Odigbo and Ilaje were all captured by the PDP.
The total number of eligible voters in Ondo state stood at 1,501, 549 while the total of valid votes casted was 561,056.